June 14, 2016: Officials in south side of Chicago say between Friday to Monday, 42 people were shot, 7 of them are confirmed dead. The youngest victim is a 5-year-old girl. Now this news probably would not have come out if it wasn’t for the heavily PRESSED Orlando Massacre across mainstream media, but since it’s related to more gun violence, ABC7News in Chicago decided to put it out. According to the reports, the first known crime happenned on Friday night when a 5 year-old girl was struck in the foot. She was seating with a woman who was also shot in her ankle. While the gunman got away, police was unclear if they were the targets. Both are expected to survive.
Here are the highlights of some of the shootings in the same area for same weekend. 30 others were injured in other shootings from Friday to Monday that are not on this list.
- Two men was shot, 1 dead on the 200 block of West Garfield around 8:45 p.m. Friday night.
- Jeremy H. Ray, 27, shot dead on the 8900 block of South Brandon around 9:35 p.m.
- Travell Montgomery, 18, fatally shot around 1:30 a.m. Saturday morning on the 8000 block of South Princeton.
- Saturday night 10:20 p.m., two teens, 17 year old Cristopher Fields was shot to death, another 19 year-year-old wounded on the 5200 block of South Sangamon
- Early Sunday 1:13 a.m., 2 men, age 34 and 42, found dead on the 9000 block of South Marshfield.
- Dwayne T. Triplett, 32, found dead behind the wheel on the 1100 block of West 72nd St. around 8:35 a.m. on Sunday morning.
- Monday, 3 a.m., on the 3000 West Walnut, a 22 year old shot and wounded.